How to take the pain out of renovation and turn it into a fun, positive experience…
Renovation can be a pain in the butt, but you can make it a lot more positive, fun, and interesting by following this advice.
How to take the sting out of a home renovation.
Home renovation is a huge industry in Canada, and it has more than doubled to $65 billion in the last decade alone. A homeowner can make a serious financial investment, both emotionally and financially. There is a lot at stake. The job has to be done right from the very beginning. It is imperative. Let’s look at some tips for getting home renovation right.
- Set a firm goal: What are you trying to accomplish? Is it more functionality or living space? Are you trying to increase the resale value of your home?
- Do your homework: The more you know, the better off you’ll be.
- Go with the best: Check to make sure you’re hire someone licensed, insured, and thoroughly reviewed.
- Get quality building materials: You can’t just think about the surface. What’s underneath is very important. Durability, quality, and long-lasting value is paramount.
- Back to basics: Invest in quality electrical, plumbing, insulation, drywall, HVAC, and framing.
- Formulate a good plan: You need to prepare for the unexpected. A plan will help you minimize downtime and stay on task. A renovation project without a plan could lead to an out-of-control outcome.
The most important tip is to have patience. No matter how hard you plan, something is going to go awry.
If you have questions about a renovation you’re planning or you’re looking for a consultation, call Carick today – (416) 781-6671